Time Management in a Digital World
January 8, 2013
The demands on our time are great, but technology provides ways to stay on top of it all. Instead of barely hanging on, you can “keep all of the balls in the air,” and make it look easy. Learn not only that it can be done, but exactly how to do it.
- Work from a digital to-do list that syncs across all of your devices.
- Put repeating tasks on “autopilot.” The things you do every week, month, or year will re-appear at the right time.
- Get your e-mail to “empty” every day.
- Use Dropbox for instant backup and to work on projects from anywhere.
- Access your reference information from anywhere using Evernote.
- Drastically reduce your printing with dual monitors.
- Use voice input to speed data entry into your smartphone.
In the three-hour version, we add additional content:
- Construct a digital filing system which allows you to find anything quickly.
- Use a personal homepage as your “digital dashboard” and access it from anywhere in the world.
- Handle forms digitally.
- Communicate effectively through a blog.
- Conduct paperless classroom walkthroughs. All data is automatically assimilated back in your office.
- Become a master at handling the paper which remains.
Improve your productivity and decrease your stress by learning to use the tech tools which are already available.